Most of us consider, owning a home, of our own, as a major component, of the so – called, American Dream. However, unless, one, proceeds, in this quest, wisely, and in a prepared, focused manner, the dream, may soon, deteriorate, and become a nightmare! Smart buyers, proceed, knowing, as much as possible, in terms of better understanding, the true, SCORE, of owning a house. Wouldn’t it be nice, if, what should be, potentially, the happiest time of our life, became, so, because we proactively, reduced our stress levels, by being, as prepared, as possible, for any potential ramifications, obstacles, etc? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Savings; serves: Begin by being prepared for the financial necessities of purchasing a house! For most of us, it requires, the commitment and discipline, to begin the process, significantly, in – advance, and create a source of savings, and accumulating funds, for items, such as the down – payment, closing costs, reserves for renovations, upgrades, repairs, upgrades, etc. Align this, by choosing the right property, for you and your present and future needs, and requirements, and choose one, which, both serves your needs, priorities, and goals, as well as financial reality!
2. Credit: The vast majority of buyers, especially first – time, ones, take advantage of some sort of financing, which, in most cases, is a mortgage. To be prepared, do, all you can, to improve and address your credit, and credit – worthiness, so, you qualify, for the best, most affordable terms, etc.
3. Options; opportunities; organized: Proceed, in an organized manner, to be as prepared, as possible! Know which options you want, prefer, and absolutely need, and proceed, carefully, seeking the finest possible opportunities, in as wise a way, as possible!
4. Relevant; realistic; real estate: Study, learn, and discover, what is most relevant, in terms of the local real estate market, in your desired area. Proceed, in a realistic manner, in terms of what you want, want you can afford, and pricing – related issues!
4. Evaluate; efforts; excellence: Take the time, and make a concerted effort, to evaluate what makes sense for you! Make your efforts, worthwhile, by proceeding, with relevant knowledge, and understanding, and hiring a real estate professional, who is best suited for you! Seek to make your goal, the ultimate degree of excellence, and satisfaction, by proceeding, wisely, and prepared!
When you know the SCORE, your results will be better! Will you commit to this discipline and commitment?